Wednesday, March 25, 2009





oh boy. so i've got A LOT to talk about. literally.

the husband and i bought a lot to build a house on. in mitchell. yes. we are planning a move...building a house...changing things up. it's very bittersweet for us. we do love this little town, but things really didn't make sense for us anymore. the husband commutes 80 miles every day to work, and my job is really portable. i can do it from anywhere, and don't commute very often. plus, we have lots of family in mitchell. hockey is in mitchell. we prayed about it, and God started opening doors. i guess that means it's the right move...BUT i really will miss all the wonderful people i've met here. like i said, bittersweet. fortunately, it's only 40 miles and we can visit anytime...right? and we hope ya'll will visit us, too.

so back to the lot. it's kind of exciting. we're out by the lake, with lake access out our back door. it's a new development (it's called The Island) so things look a little sparse yet. the pictures are taken from where our house will sit. we can keep the blue dragon back there in her own little dock :) we know some people out there already and they say they love it. in the winter, they set up hockey nets and the kids play all along the canal. that sure perked up the husband's ears. as you can see, it's frozen and kind of ugly endless yellow now, but i've seen pictures of it and it's really pretty in the summer.

anyway...that's what we've been up to for the past couple of months. told you i had a LOT to talk about. so far we only have the lot and don't have firm plans for when we start building, this all just kind of fell together recently.

i'll keep you posted. and if you know how to pound a nail, paint a wall or decorate, you can expect a call :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh boy, buddy. You're about to go on an adventure, aren't you? I can't wait to see all the things God has in store for you in Mitchell, and I'm so glad I get to be part of the journey. Save a wall for me to paint, ok?

7:36 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

The pictures are even better than I imagined! I am so beyond excited for you all!! Congrats!! Can't wait to see the progress develop step by step.

8:46 AM

 
Blogger bobbione8y said...

i think it looks pretty RIGHT now :)

9:13 AM

 
Blogger mommyville said...

It's beautiful. I can see why you are so blessedly excited.

I cannot pound a nail, paint, or decorate. I can, however pack boxes, clean rooms, and do dishes.

2:09 PM

 
Blogger cherk said...

That is big news, I am very excited for this new chapter in your life, it sounds like an awesome place to live and being close to family is always a plus

10:28 AM

 
Blogger cherk said...

By the way I am an excellent painter

8:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home