Monday, October 05, 2009

crud.

i feel bad.

i am a horrible people pleasing woosey and this whole "get three estimates" for every job while we build the house is sucking.

it's not just getting three estimates. it's setting up three meetings and getting to know three people and making three people jump through hoops and looking at three people's kids' photos on three different desks and THEN getting three estimates and then giving two people the ax.

and because i'm a people pleasing woosey, i always break up via email. a long, rambling email explaining that they were wonderful, we loved their work, it was a hard decision, we wish them well, yadda yadda yadda. the answer is always a terse "thanks." i have a hard time with the terse thanks, because i know it really means "thanks for nothing you big tease."

so far i've had to do it to the house builders, the flooring people and the cabinet people. i didn't have the guts to tell the guys who gave us an estimate for wiring the house for audio/video that we decided we're just not technology people, so it's getting wired.

mostly because they didn't have email.

doh.

9 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Oh, crud. Give me their phone number. I'll call and break up for you (again).

What do the cabinets look like?

12:46 PM

 
Blogger carey said...

Yeah, I never did have the guts to go get my Hardees paycheck. I think you owe me $12.00.

Cabinets are rustic alder and hickory. They look like Colorado :)

2:14 PM

 
Blogger bobbione8y said...

woosey is a funny word :) i would probably spell it "wussy." but i know exactly what you mean :)

karen. cabinets are GORGEOUS. with or without white walls!

2:35 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

Geez, with interest, that could be like the $27,000 in child support someone owes me. If I ever get my money I'll give you yours. :-)

PHOTOS, please. No clue what alder or hickory look like.

I would write wussy, too, but I totally got what you meant.

4:40 PM

 
Blogger mommyville said...

I love email. I can't talk to many humans on the phone or in person anymore.

I feel your pain.

I wanna see the cabinets, too.

4:55 PM

 
Blogger cherk said...

I can't wait to see it, I know everything you pick is going to be beautiful. Gee I hope I never get a really long breaking up email:)

7:06 PM

 
Blogger DeAnn said...

I hope I never get a break up email either! I know what you mean though...sometimes I pray for an answering machine (if no email) and just hope I can leave a quickie thanks but no thanks message. See? I can totally relate.

I want to see pics too!!! You know how much I love the rustic theme!

10:34 PM

 
Blogger KristieLou said...

I think its a little ironic that the guys who wire your house for technology don't have an email address ;)

6:11 AM

 
Blogger carey said...

kris, they probably do have one i just wasn't smart enough to ask for it.

wussy. yes, that looks better than woosey.

either way, i am one.

6:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home