i play with my kids like crazy, but i'm not nearly as good at it as my husband is. i think there are a lot of reasons for this. for one, i think guys are just a lot more like kids than women are. i also think they can concentrate on being dinosaurs and tigers without thinking about the million and five other things they should be doing. sometimes, i get jealous that my husband can totally focus on the kids, without thinking about the laundry or the phone ringing or the fact he's been playing chutes and ladders for 4 hours straight.
this is when i realize how tuff it would be to be a single mom. i know a few of them, and my hats are so off to you. sometimes my kids just need a serious roughhousing, and i don't handle a candle to the volume, the intensity or the fun my husband brings into this house. i told my youngest today that i would play football with him. he put his hands on my cheeks and looked at me with sympathy, saying "but mom, girls don't play football. they're just not strong enough."
of course, i told him all the stuff about girls doing anything boys can do, that girls can too play football, that girls are fast and strong and smart. i told him mommy can throw and catch and kick and run and i that i would not only play him, i would whoop up on him.
he didn't buy it. he just said "i'll wait for daddy to come home. maybe you can play golf with jace."
maybe it's because i have two little boys, but i thank my lucky stars i have a great husband who gets home from work and walks in the house with a "fee fi fo fum..." every single night. i don't know what i'd do without him. i do know i'd have to work on my t-rex routine.
we are off to montana for a little family vacation today. the boys are very excited, the youngest has packed three suitcases and is very nervous that daddy might forget his swimsuit. we always have a good time, even the long drive is fun for us. it's supposed to snow a bit...
i love vacations :)

2 Comments:
Hey Carey...have fun on your trip. I will pray that you have a safe one. I haven't read your blog for awhile...you always make me cry...and I am always at work when I read it. You are such an amazing person...and you are my sister-in-law. WOW, Lucky me. We don't talk often but it is amazing how you are constantly on my mind and in my heart. I know it is all thanks to the Lord...we are truly sisters!
12:13 PM
I am sooooo jealous you are going to Montana! Have a fun & safe trip. I love what you wrote about Jamie. It makes me happy to see how blessed you are. What a great wife & mommy you are too! I love you!!
11:22 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home