Tuesday, May 19, 2009




well, summer hit our neck of the woods with a perfect 90+ degree day that featured no wind, no bugs, no clouds and some of the greenest grass of the entire year. the kids came out of the woodwork and landed right in our yard for an impromptu waterfest. the funny thing is, these photos were taken at 8pm last night! now that's what i call a happy "last night before the last day of school" celebration. (i did make sure all of them had permission to get wet first)

a few funny things. big j is always a little bit of a water chicken at the beginning of sprinkler season. he stood up on the steps for awhile and declared the kids on the lawn to be "undisciplined." whatever. i told him to be a kid and get in the water. he eventually did, but not without putting on his swim goggles.

the two little blonde girls are twins named brooke and bailey. they like to come over and play with little j, but he can't tell them apart so he calls them both "brooke-or-bailey" like it's one word. "hey, mom, brooke-or-bailey is here. can i go play with her?" it's hilarious and they don't seem to mind one bit. they are cute, though. if little j only knew that hosing off two blonde twins was every man's fantasy ;)

we stayed outside until we squeezed the last bit of daylight out of the sky, and then called it a night. tonite begins a whole new kind of schedule. ahhh. happy, happy summer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Wow. It looks just perfect. I have a big, silly grin on my face right now. I'm excited to see what your summer will bring.

Can I see the latest house plan, too? I've been thinking of it all weekend.

9:35 AM

 
Blogger Rocky said...

oohhh...I wish we were there....I wish it was our last day of school...I wish it was summer vacation here....I wish, I wish, I wish...


Also, the up close picture of big J reminds me of Mike soooo much..I am not sure exactly what it is about it but I totally thought of him when I saw the picture.

3:33 PM

 
Blogger bobbione8y said...

see, with a little natural lighting and some cute subject matter, you CAN take good pics!

that one of little j and the blonde is almost stock quality :)

2:47 PM

 
Blogger cherk said...

Ohhhhh I can't wait for summer, what a way to kick it off.

6:47 PM

 
Blogger mommyville said...

the pied piper has a few apprentices I see...

7:11 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

The pic of big J in the goggles is a classic!

2:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home