Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." – MLK Jr.

I swiped this from someone who swiped it from someone who...

anyway. i wasn't going to go here. it's way too controversial.

but there i went, didn't i?

3 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Yes. Can we say Light and Love instead of light and love?

I hate controversy, too. Some things just have to be said.

12:41 PM

 
Blogger cherk said...

If we don't "go there", we never move forward as humans

7:47 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah...what you guys said! What makes me sad is that his death doesn't really change anything right now, only maybe some sort of 'closure' to many people still grieving. But can you ever really have closer for something like 9-11? I am personally glad he is not walking thgis earth anymore, but I did not feel like celebrating either. I am very glad that the president did not choose to release his death photos. We are not barbarians.

2:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home