In honor of Bobbi's birthday, I am putting up a post. In honor of Karen, I am going to capitalize some of the letters. In honor of my mom, I am posting a picture of the dudes. There. I think all my readers are going to be happy today.
Despite all my fears and frets, big J seems to be loving middle school. He isn't getting lost, hasn't forgotten his locker combination, loves his advanced math class and seems to be navigating multiple classes quiet well so far. In fact, his mood is so up, I am wondering if aliens are involved. In the past few days, he has uttered these words:
"I have recently decided to be nice to Josh."
"I love you Josh."
"Good luck in your games this weekend, buddy. I'll miss you."
What? Who? I am a little nervous. Until the aliens bring back my boy, I guess I will enjoy this one.
Other new developments: baby grass. It's growing like a chia pet on the final level of our back yard. From far away, we finally look like we didn't just move in. Baby grass is a muddy, messy beautiful thing and I now know the pride farmers must feel when they survey a field of fresh sprouting crops.
I will take pictures but I won't post them until after my mom leaves...I want her to be surprised.
Every day I think of funny things to blog but I'm so far behind we'll just have to do a general sweep. Both boys are in football now so we are changing seasons until hockey starts up again in October. The pets are all fine, Sid might even make it through another hunting season--thought she'll be watching from the truck this year. Husband is coaching football and happy to be almost done working on the yard. I am staying busy with work and trying to keep everyone wrangled, growing baby grass and training Crosby to be super hound.
This weekend little J is up in the Cities playing in a really big tournament. His first game is 11:30 this morning so big J and I stayed home since it's a school day. I will report on goals and penalties later. There are 150 teams at this tourney so I'm sure he's having a blast.
Big J is at a sleep-over tonite, so it's just me celebrating a big birthday with one of my all-time favorite people and my talented, amazing business partner. Bobbi is as much a part of my life as the J Boys and I love her like a sister. Happy birthday. God sure knew what He was doing when He blessed me with a friend like you, Bob.

5 Comments:
sorry about the typos, i was going fast and now this blasted thing won't let me go back and edit. i meant "quite" and "though" for those of you (ahem) looking for errors.
8:13 AM
aw...now you are making me cry :)
i love hearing about the jboys - i get so excited to be able to vicariously live thru the school years (again) thru their experiences!
ps. they seem to be doing it better than i did :)
love you much.
9:27 AM
don't you just love farming? even if it is baby grass? Happy Birthday B! Miss the Jboys and their mommy/wife.
9:30 AM
I'm so excited by the capitalization (and the post!) that I didn't even notice any typos!
How on earth are you handling missing that tourney? How is the little guy (who is not so little, btw) doing?
Can't wait to see the baby grass. Hug your mommy for me!
7:15 PM
Since you didn't try to make ME happy I wil just be happy you posted. I have been waiting FOREVER for you to write and share! So glad to hear somone is rocking middle school, enjoy the alien time!
5:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home