Tuesday, May 13, 2008


there is one person in south dakota who isn't complaining about all the rain. that's little j, the mighty wormcatcher. if it's creepy and crawly, he's all over it. fortunately, his best girl loves the slimy stuff too--she's his partner in crime when it comes to bug hunting, frog catching, snake holding and worm farming. last night she comes breathlessly to the door and says, "there is a snake in our yard." the two of them were gone before i could say "supper is ready."

at any rate, we've got a five pound bucket full of worms smelling up the garage.

fishing anyone?

8 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

What a great picture!

I really really want to move next door so I can watch your kids grow up.

1:46 PM

 
Blogger carey said...

the house is for sale.

come on over.

2:01 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

I don't really need to buy it, I'd just be next door all the time anyway, messing up your kitchen.

You need to enter that photo in a contest. (Boy, who woulda thought I'd be saying that about your photography??)

3:50 PM

 
Blogger cherk said...

Only thing worse then worms in the gargage-worms forgot about in the car. Love the pic, where there is rain and mud there is still someone who sees fun and beauty.

7:20 PM

 
Blogger Rocky said...

Totally agree about forgotten worms in the car...one of the top worst smells ever!

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

I'll add to that seashells put in a sock and left for a week...

5:57 AM

 
Blogger mommyville said...

Ewwww.

Very cute photo, though...

8:02 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Worms! Love it. Really is a great pic, Carey....who knew!;)

4:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home