just a random recap here on a friday...
*if you care at all about running or just want to read a fascinating book, read "Born to Run" by Greg McDowell. it will make you want to run barefoot, or at least try those toe shoes. which i might. i wonder if they make those toe shoes with an extra long second toe? i ask this for no particular reason. ahem.
*the hound shocked us all this week by passing her obedience test. not only did she pass, she got an A plus. big j actually pumped his fist in the air and signed her up for more classes. which just proves that every silver lining has a dark cloud underneath it, or something like that.
*the snooty lady with the large snooty standard poodle named Petra did NOT pass obedience class. this is the lady who asked twice to be moved away from us because our dog was distracting her dog.
*our dog WAS distracting her dog, but it's still funny.
*the pit bull named Kevin didn't show up for the test. i think he finally realized he was doomed the minute some moron decided to name him Kevin.
*the husband is outside right now building stairs for the retaining wall, bob segar by his side. that is just one step closer to grass and one step farther away from a dirt yard. seriously, people. don't take your lawn for granted. go out there and roll around on yours for me, will you?
*the $250 trampoline has required some replacement parts. they want $169 for spring pads and $185 for a new net. go figure.
*next month, the husband and i have to split weekends. he is going to fargo with little j for hockey. i am going to the hills to run the deadwood half. we each need a vehicle. we have one that might make it. this is what happens when people take dave ramsey just a little too far.
*on the upside, having no car payments for this many years might make up for the hitchhiking. i imagine a man and a boy and a hockey bag would get picked up fairly quickly, don't you?
*Google has officially replaced me as a parent. every time big j asks one of his historical, geographical, mathematical or hypothetical questions, he takes one look at my blank face and goes straight to the computer. sigh. it's not my fault i was dodging spitballs in geography and sitting around the mcdonald's parking lot during the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. sheesh.
*i end this with big j's most hypothetical question of the week: if scientists start making clones, would the clones have souls and would they go to heaven?

6 Comments:
God knows, i seriously love you. BEST post ever, my friend!
:)
9:38 AM
I was thinking that this is my favorite post EVER when I read what Bob wrote. Here's what I love:
Your long toe.
The fact that you can laugh about (at?) your long toe.
Standard Snooty Poodles flunking obedience class, and a sock-eating, door-opening yellow lab passing.
Kevin
Bob Seger
Dave Ramsey, who daily rains on my parade.
The fact that I have no idea if we were even alive during Chernobyl
Big J, in general.
(I would have told him no, only God can make souls.)
3:22 PM
we were alive, karen. it was 1986. you were working on your cobra bangs and i was busy crimping around my side braids.
we were very busy. :)
and i agree about the clones. besides the whole no-soul thing, clones are creepy and wrong.
5:54 PM
I feel like I have missed soooo much of your life lately! Thank you for the detailed post, at least I have a much better idea how you are doing....big scary-pinching toe & all!
2:42 PM
I miss you. We absolutely must plan a GNO (girlsnightout) SOON! I guess I might see you on Saturday at the GONR event?
8:29 AM
I love this post, I love tidbits-they make me feel there.
7:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home