Saturday, September 13, 2008

today my friend sara and i got up at the crack of dark so we could go ride 50 miles on our bikes in the rain. it was a breast cancer charity ride, so it was totally worth it.

it did rain THE WHOLE TIME but the scenery was pretty and there wasn't any wind. after awhile, you actually forget it's even coming down. we were a little on the hillbilly side of the biking world since we didn't have all the fancy gear or the cool thin-tired racing bikes. but, there were others like us out there riding too. i have found there are hillbillies in every sport, so i always feel at home.

and you know what? 50 miles isn't as far as you think. just up and over the next hill...and the next... and the next...

i highly recommend it.

6 Comments:

Blogger DeAnn said...

now that is so awesome! I can't imagine 50 miles. Does it really go fast?!?! I am proud of you! isn't running/biking/anything in the rain kind of fun? I always liked it, makes you feel different in a way. so are you ready to hop on again in the morning?!

5:51 PM

 
Blogger carey said...

deann, it's a piece of cake, especially if you have someone to chat with the whole way. about a zillion times easier than a half marathon, by far.

are you in next time?

10:25 AM

 
Blogger Karen said...

Very cool. You're my favorite hillbilly. I bet your butt is loving you today.

Is is terrible that I don't want anything to do with breast cancer runs/rides/walks/awarenesses??

11:28 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

No, karen it is understandable. Someday you might feel differently, but for now it's ok to feel the way you feel. Carey I am both proud and wowed by the 50 miles! I might be persuaded to join you minus the hills, and maybe 30 miles or so!

12:14 PM

 
Blogger DeAnn said...

yes yes yes count me in next time! Just give me a heads up so I can get my butt ready for the trek.

I still think we did record miles that summer we lived together in Rapid. Loved those bike rides...:)

2:02 PM

 
Blogger bobbione8y said...

you know what's even better?

getting up and going to have a scone and some thrifting on a rainy day. the rain hardly bothered AT ALL :)

ha.

just kidding man. i think you are nuts but admirable.

2:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home