when i picked up our neighbor girl for junior kindergarten this morning, my youngest noticed that the american flag in her front yard was flying at half mast.
he asked me why.
i told him that is was to honor 9.11, a horrible day in our history.
his little friend hopped into the car, and they both wanted to know more. i told them about the bad guys, and how they decided to fly airplanes into some big, important buildings. lots of people died. two little faces in my rearview mirror looked at each other in shock.
i told them that it was just a very very sad day.
little j says, "mom...did you cry?"
yes.
"did dad cry?"
yes.
"did God cry?"
oh, yes.
"then no wonder it's raining today."

5 Comments:
oh gosh.
kids are so dang smart.
1:38 PM
I remember the day, the minute, I was pregnant with number one and I was driving to work. I will never forget it.
6:02 PM
And now I am crying!!!~again.
I remember G at 3 years old crawling up in my lap that day asking why I was crying and having to tell him about the bad guys but also thinking about all the parents having to explain to their own children that someone was not coming home because of those same bad guys.
7:59 PM
Exactly that, little J.
And now I'm crying, too.
7:26 AM
Wow....
9:43 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home